Nose Surgery in Buffalo, NY
Surgical Rhinoplasty Options
Rhinoplasty is a procedure for reshaping of the nose related to cosmetic concerns or following injury.
Nose surgery can help with the following:
- Create better balance for the face and nose proportions.
- Reshape and sculpt to refine the appearance either to make smaller or in some cases to add to features.
- Reduce a large or disproportioned hump on the nose.
- Straighten a crooked nose or reduce a bulbous tip.
- Recreate balance and restore after injury.
- Trim or shape the tip of the nose when bulky or bulbous
- Improve the airway with septal surgery during rhinoplasty.
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Options
For many years, the team at the Aesthetic Associates Centre have been performing a non-surgical rhinoplasty, also know as liquid rhinoplasty as a technique to make changes to the nose without surgery.
Dr. Shatkin trains other health professionals through the Aesthetic Learning Academy in injectables to change nose and facial contours. By injecting small amounts of filler material, most often Juvederm or Restylane, they can transform the shape of the nose to create a balance and uniformity of the face.
The procedure takes only minutes to perform and can fill depressions, smooth out irregularities, change the appearance of a hump of fix the angle below the nose. Sometimes adding volume in select areas can actually make the nose look smaller!
Rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a “nose job” or “nose reshaping”, can help to balance the face when the nose is a prominent feature. Dr. Shatkin performs primarily closed rhinoplasty surgery which essentially limits all the incisions to the inside of the nose, thus leaving no external scars under the nose which can be unsightly as well as prolong the healing process.