After a serious consideration and in line with our states "New York State on Pause" mandate we have decided to suspend all non-essential daily services of in the Aesthetic Associates Centre for Plastic Surgery. Last week, Governor Cuomo had prohibited elective surgery, including all cosmetic surgery. Although these have been very difficult turn of the events, as it shuts down our practice, it is being done for the right reasons. Elective operations are placing undue burden on the supply chain of our health care system at a time of grave crisis. This is especially true for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) – gowns, masks, gloves, and swabs. Also, social distancing appears to be the only way we can fight this pandemic. At a time like this we all have got to place the interest of the public above and beyond our own. We must also do everything in our power to assist in the fight with Covid-19.
Your health and well-being and that of our staff are so important to us and we want to do our part to make sure that everyone is protected.
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- All elective surgical cases will be suspended until further notice.
- We have suspended all in office non-essential treatments. This will be re-evaluated constantly.
- All skin care services will be suspended. This will be re-evaluated constantly.
- The office will be open for urgent visits or follow up from surgery only.
- We are instituting Virtual Consultations for our large inquiry base.
- All surgeries that have been canceled will be rescheduled when a timeline is established.
- No patient will ever have any financial recourse for rescheduling their procedures.
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by CDC. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to this office if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- Any patient that comes to our office will have their temperature checked.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- We have instituted a “no handshakes no hug” policy for now.
- We have asked all vendors that any unnecessary meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Any exit and entrance from our office are followed by a protocol of changing shoes, scrubs and sanitization.
- As we are an accredited medical facility, we are constantly sanitizing all surfaces. We have now vamped that up and are routinely, multiple times a day, wiping down all surfaces, desks, door handles, keyboards and restroom facilities. We have assigned a person that does so on a constant basis.
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Here are some links that might be useful:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions
Call us at 716-839-1700
Email us at email@example.com