Permanent Hair Removal/Reduction & Photofacials
In Buffalo, Hair Removal is provided by the Aesthetic Associates Centre to reduce hair in areas of the face, armpits (axilla), body, bikini, legs and back. The hair removal performed uses the Palomar Starlux ICON IPL System. This system has reduced pain during treatment than most laser therapies.
Palomar is a pioneer in light and laser based equipment. They developed the first high-powered laser hair removal system in 1996 and the Starlux IPL is the newest technology available (more powerful than the Medilux). This laser features active contact cooling for maximum comfort— and the IPL is faster than other lasers, and thus we are able to treat large areas in less time. After researching many lasers, we found the Starlux to be most efficient and effective for permanent hair reduction and pigmented lesions.
The Palomar pulsed light handpieces use AccuSpectrum Technology to filter light in the optimal bands of the spectrum for specific treatments. This allows us to choose the best handpiece for the treatments you seek.
Permanent Hair Reduction – (LuxR, LuxRs, LuxY)
Undesired or excessive body hair is a common concern of many men and women. The solution is StarLux IPL Permanent Hair Removal for long-lasting results and virtually hair-free skin. Our unique system emits intense pulses of light that is absorbed by the hair follicle disabling the hair to grow. IPL hair removal permanently eliminates or reduces hair on all body areas and most skin types eliminating the need for messy creams, shaving or waxing.
- Emits intense pulses of light that are absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle disabling the hair to grow
- 2 treatment heads (R and Rs) to better target different skin types
- 5-7 treatments 4-6 weeks a part
- No hair removal other than shaving 6 weeks prior to treatment
- No sun exposure or self tanning 3-4 weeks prior
- Ideal candidate is light skin with dark hair but able to treat all skin types
- Hair grows in 3 cycles and best to target hair in the active growing stage (anagen). Usually 80% of hair is able to be treated (everyone has dormant or sleeping hairs)
- Treatment time: 1 – 60 minutes depending on body area and coarseness of the hair
Photofacial and Pigmented lesions (LuxG)
Gain an even complexion and youthful appearance by revitalizing your face, neck, chest and hands with StarLux IPL Photofacial. Intense pulses of light are directed at the skin’s surface breaking up blemishes such as vascular and pigmented lesions to improve skin texture and tone. Our revolutionary non-invasive approach to healthy skin is achieved without any downtime and is more effective than microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
- Improves texture and tone by removing age spots, brown and red spots, freckles, rosacea, and vascular lesions (broken blood vessels around the nose)
- Pigmented lesions: Intense pulses of light are absorbed by pigmented (brown) lesions in the skin. Once absorbed, the lesions become darker, crust up, and slough off the skin through natural exfoliation in about 2 weeks
- No down time, everything can be covered with make-up
- 5-8 treatments every 3-4 weeks, occasional touch up every 6 months especially if continue sun exposure.
- Treated area will become very photosensitive so sunblock and hat are recommended for face if going in the sun
- Treatment time: 1/2 hour for face, neck, chest, hands, and other large areas